Friday, January 9, 2009

I haven't posted for awhile, I can't seem to get away from spending my time on my daughters blog looking at new pictures of the grand daughter! www.thesillyhilles.blogspot.com

Also on facebook checking on son Zachary who is now in Iraq. Keep him and all our soldiers in your prayers!

Amy and I had a quiet Christmas. Christmas Eve Sarah, Brett and Madigan were home. On
Saturday after Christmas the whole clan came to our house for a christmas celebration. We did lunch at the local B & B where we had a catered meal and lots of fun. Afterwards we came home and opened gifts. The Grand daughters of course made the whole thing enjoyable. Mom and dad, along with Lauren and Vickie stayed the night. It was good to see my sister and Amy's sisters as well. But we did miss Jaci and Andrew who couldn't make it.

I am now preparing for the annual celebration of "Burns Night", our local celebration of the Scottish poet Robert Burns. There will be music (piping for sure) and food and song and poetry shared by all. We will include the piping in of the Haggis with the famous Ode to the Haggis poem recited by our local Burns expert Jim Cleland. I will try to get some pictures of the event for this blog. I will also try to post some grand daughter shots as well.

My new years resolution is to use my blog and facebook accounts to keep up with family and friends better in 2009.

No comments: